Thursday, December 17, 2009

Four Step Chicken

I loved watching this past season of Next Food Network Star. After the first episode, I knew I wanted Melissa D'Arabian to win. She was the person I could relate to the most and I liked her personality. On the finale, she demonstrated this chicken. Watching her, I thought, I could do that, and I did. I can whip this up on a weeknight and it is so good. A bonus is that EVERYONE likes it. This recipe is based on what Melissa presented on the finale, close to what is on Food Network.




Four Step Chicken
Adapted from Melissa D'Arabian Next Food Network Star

1 pound chicken breasts, you can use more
heaping 1/4 cup of flour
salt
pepper
1 onion - sliced
olive oil
1 cup total of (chicken broth and/or white wine and/or lemon juice) -- I use all 3 (1/2 c broth, 1/4 c. white wine, 1/4 c. lemon juice)
1 tablespoon butter


1. Put flour, salt and pepper in a Ziploc bag. Shake to mix. Pound chicken breast to an equal thickness and add to bag. Shake to mix. I have 2 little helpers for this.

2. Heat olive oil in pan. Saute chicken until golden brown on each side. Remove chicken and let rest on plate.

3. Add onion and saute in pan until translucent. Add more oil if necessary. Add liquid, scraping bottom of the pan to pick up any of the fond. Bring to a boil and reduce liquid to about half.

4. Remove from heat and stir in the butter. Pour over chicken and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment