Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Gobble! Gobble! Gobble!


Since it is only a half day for C today, and his day for snack, I wanted to do something fun. I got permission from his teacher to make something sweet. Sweets are only to be brought in for birthdays. I have seen cakeballs all over and wanted to give them a try. They are easy-peasy and yummy too. I used a boxed cake mix and canned frosting - hey I know my audience - kindergarteners! I made them to look like turkeys - well tried. I think they look pretty cute for my first time at something like this. I think the kids will like them. Moms, don't worry, I am sending in some goldfish crackers too.




Cake Balls


1 box cake mix - 18.25 oz
1 can frosting - I used about 3/4 of the can
Candy Melts/ Chocolate Coating


Bake cake as directed on box. Let cool for about 30 minutes. In a large bowl, using two forks, crumble the cake. I did this in large chunks. Stir in about half a can of frosting. I microwaved it about 30 seconds. Stir cake/ frosting until it sticks together, adding more frosting as needed.


After mixed, refrigerate cake/frosting mix for a couple of hours.


Using a cookie scoop/melon baller/ hands, roll into balls. I froze mine overnight, but they really just need to be chilled. 


Dip into melted candy melts. Voila! Cake Balls.


Friends, don't be surprised if you see some variation of these on my cookie platters this year.

2 comments: