Monday, December 7, 2009

Christmas Tree Martini

Ahh, the holidays. With all the fun, there is stress, or is it the other way around? Either way, I have a tasty drink to share.


Since my siblings and I all have children and we are settled in our houses, we've decided to take turns hosting the extended family  ( 10 adults, 9 kids) for Christmas.This year, it is my turn. When I was thinking about food and drinks,  I realized it would be easier to have one "signature" cocktail and  beer and wine. I started trying out different drink recipes and I think I have found it. It isn't too strong yet has oomph enough to it. It isn't too sweet either. I think it will go over quite well. I know my dad will try it, and probably not like it, but we are buying beer for him. I am sure my mom, sisters and sister in law will love it. 


I plan to make a pitcher of these, then all the adults will need to do is shake in the cocktail shaker and add a drop of grenadine.








Christmas Tree Martini

serves 2

2 oz 
melon liqueur
2 oz 
coconut rum
2 oz 
pineapple juice
2 oz 
sweet and sour mix
4 drops 
grenadine syrup



Shake all the incredients but the grenadine over ice in a cocktail shaker; strain into a glass; then add a drop of cherry grenadine to the bottom; and serve! It should be green on top and red on the bottom

No comments:

Post a Comment