Thursday, January 7, 2010

Buffalo Chicken Dip

I have a quirk, in that I love the taste of buffalo tenders, boneless wings etc. but I do not like to eat wings. I know, weird. In loving all things "buffalo", I knew I would like this dip. 


I served this as part of an appetizer spread. This was definitely a hit. I served celery sticks, tortilla chips and Fritos alongside. 


Besides being delicious, this dip is great because it can be made ahead and stored in the refrigerator until ready to bake.


There are A LOT of different versions out there. After reading reviews, I tweaked the recipe enough that I now have my own version. It was super easy to make. Leftovers also tasted just as good warmed up as the dip first dip from the oven.





Molli's Buffalo Chicken Dip


1 pound of chicken breast, poached and shredded 
2 8-oz blocks cream cheese, room temperature
1/2 cup ranch dressing
1/2 cup blue cheese dressing
3/4 - 1 cup pepper sauce ( such as Frank's Red Hot)
6 oz Monterrey Jack cheese, shredded
4 oz blue cheese, crumbled (or use crumbles)




Preheat oven to 350ยบ


Mix cream cheese, ranch and blue cheese dressings. Add Monterrey Jack and mix until well blended. I used my hand mixer.


In an 8x11 pan, spread half of the cream cheese mixture. Top with half of the shredded cheese. Top with half of the pepper sauce, depending on how hot you want the dip to be. Layer half of the blue cheese. Repeat all the layers. 


Cover with foil and bake 20-30 minutes until hot and bubbly.


Serve with celery sticks, tortilla chips and/or corn chips.






No comments:

Post a Comment