Monday, January 11, 2010

Cranberry Catalina Chicken

While I was helping out at C's Halloween party, his teacher mentioned to the parents helping out, the great leftovers she had for lunch. She told us about this recipe, that she had made the night before. She said it was so good and so easy. I knew it was something I had to make.

It took me a while to try it, but once I did, we were hooked. I have made it a couple times since then. It is something that we all enjoy,  and best of all, easy to make. It takes 4 ingredients ( chicken, Catalina dressing, cranberry sauce and onion soup mix) and about an hour of your time.

We prefer the whole berry cranberry sauce to the jellied. I think it is a little too sweet with the jellied. I also use Fat Free Catalina with no problems. This recipe is also very flexible. I have used varying amounts of chicken, 1 - 1 1/2 pounds and could easily use 2 pounds. As long as the chicken is laying flat in the baking pan it is fine. There is plenty of sauce. This would probably be good with pork too.




Cranberry Catalina Chicken

1 - 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 can (15 ounces) whole berry cranberry sauce, or jellied if you like
1 packet onion soup mix, I use Lipton
8 oz Catalina dressing, regular or Fat Free

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Mix cranberry sauce, onion soup and Catalina dressing.

Put chicken in baking dish and pour dressing mixture over the top. Cover with foil.

Bake for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake about 15 minutes more.

No comments:

Post a Comment