Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Crockpot Turkey with Cranberry Sauce

I got this recipe years ago and it is a favorite. It is SO easy and relatively inexpensive. I stock up around Thanksgiving when they put the turkey breasts and cranberry sauce on sale. I have changed my method a little bit over the years. At first I just dumped the ingredients on the turkey breast. Now, I mix them together before putting them on the turkey breast. The hardest part, is getting the sauce packet out of the frozen turkey breast. But really, that isn't so bad in the grand scheme of things. This recipe does take a little planning in that it takes about 10 hours to cook.  I have done it in about 9 hours, but someone needs to be around to change the heat setting a couple hours later.






Crockpot Turkey with Cranberry Sauce

1 frozen, bone-in turkey breast (4-7 pounds)
1 can cranberry sauce, I use jellied
1 packet onion soup mix


Place frozen nturkey breast in crockpot, with sauce pouch removed. Mix cranberry sauce and onion soup mix. Spoon over turkey breast. Cover and cook about 10 - 12 hours on low.

If using a smaller size turkey breast, i.e. a  4 pounder, it will be done faster than a 7 pounder. I have gotten into the habit of using a 7 pounder and will start it on high for 2 - 3 hours, then take it down to low, and cook total time 10 hours. I have a 6-Q round crockpot and 7 pounds is a large as I can go.

No comments:

Post a Comment